August 25, 2008

Come To My Window (Melissa Etheridge)


A few Saturday nights ago Lars and I were sitting there watching tv when we heard an all too familiar, sickening sound. THUMP! It was the sound of something hitting one of the windows. I like birds so I wasn't in any hurry to go and find the lastest victim. It isn't very nice to see beautiful little birds lying dead from flying into the windows. The last being a beautiful woodpecker.
My husband found the bird...a little owl. Thankfully it was still alive, just a little shocked. Lars put some gloves on and we went outside to check it. He pet him and spoke to the owl. He took a couple of photos and he tested him with the flashlight like a good bird doctor. lol In less than an hour the little owl flew away.
Later Lars pointed out the mark on the window where the owl hit. You can very clearly see the outline of the face, wings and feet of where it hit, like something out of cartoon. It was kind of comical in my warped-sense-of-humor way. But the ending was a happy one.

No comments: